Thursday 10 May 2012

Here are some videos from the live DVD that we filmed on tour, this is why I unfortunately missed performance class on the odd occasion.

I was really happy with my playing on these recordings, there was around 170 people there that night too which really made it even more special, when I'm in that kind of situation, I get into the music so much more so I put on a better performance. I think I play better under a lot of pressure.

The feedback so far from that show has been great. I have realised that in some cases, pushing the tempo in a live setting can actually be a really effective thing to do, especially in a function band setting. It can really be a great way of getting the audience motivated and up for a dance, which in turn makes for a better night all round. Also, being able to quickly know whether or not you will do an extra couple of choruses or a solo at the end of a track, Rod likes to keep you on your toes with that sort of thing when we play live.

I learned so much about myself and my playing when I was on the road with these guys, I really feel a lot more confident in my playing and on stage abilities. I am definitely looking forward to the festivals and bigger gigs in summer.


The Birthday Suit - Hope Me Home (LIVE)

The Birthday Suit - On My Own (LIVE)

The Birthday Suit - Past Passes By (LIVE)

No comments:

Post a Comment